Friday, January 7, 2011

Plenty of practice drawing circles and not using the e-stop

First I'll cover the wiring reconfigure. I decided to let my OCD kick in and get me replace 70% of the wiring on the machine since it was last running. $80 was a small bite in order to have the correct gauge wire everywhere and have nice connectors installed for easy assembly/disassembly. Oh yeah and two days of work on that.








 We call these "Lobster tails." They keep the wires nice and happy while the machine is moving about.




FINALLY after hours and hours of fixing squeaks, tuning motor resonance, setting up the limit switches, setting soft limits, setting up coordinate system and origin, and learning some G-code it was time to practice drawing some circles. Sadly this is the part where I was given the opportunity to try out my Emergency stop button, which I failed miserably. For one reason or another I had disabled the Estop and forgotten about it. Oops :-/ Just a tiny scratch really, but also a broken router bit :-( One of many failures to come I'm sure. Hopefully all minor ones like this ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment