Thursday, August 4, 2011

A new 4th [axis] on the 4th

The 4th axis project kicked into high gear this week. I found a good deal on this 6" cnc rotary table and tailstock, so about $400 and my eBay account made this happen in about 2 weeks!


I had this motor controller laying around, but after hooking everything up I realize that it's not compatible in a few different ways so it's coming out and another red one will be in the mail soon :-)




In honor of Shark Week, I have decided to test my new 4 axis CNC with this fun project. A little teaser for my readers!



 Some older pics of things from the past few weeks.









4 comments:

  1. WOW WOW AND WOW!!!!! - What amazing stuff - you are a genius!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Computers building Sharks?! What is this world coming to... Just as long as they don't have laser beams anywhere near them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm laser beams on a shark.... Great idea Jason!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see it turn a wheel in anger!

    ReplyDelete