Sunday, December 19, 2010

CNC build

Welcome to my CNC build blog.

Somewhere around October 10, 2010 a bug was planted in my ear about how many people are building a CNC (computer numeric controlled) machine in their garage and putting it on Youtube. Having full control of a capable CNC machine has been a long running dream of mine, so this is hopefully a first step to many great achievements! This past week I finished building the 3 axis gantry style table that will be my first CNC machine and will also be the first time I will have ever operated a CNC machine. Also this week I purchased a long list of components that will control the machine using "stepper motors" which are controlled by a desktop computer running Windows XP.

I'm not going to write a whole lot, so I must compensate with pictures. Enjoy!












No comments:

Post a Comment